Systems Engineer, Junior – Perry Point, MD
Qualified US Veterans preferred
W2 - Full Time
US Citizens only
TMG, in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for Junior Systems Engineer with thorough knowledge to provide on-site support at VA facilities to remediate security threats and vulnerabilities. Assigned work covering vulnerability remediation through established national and regional change control documentation systems.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Provides specific vulnerability remediation support for all devices, including laptops, workstations, printers, and network devices (including mobile devices), based on the Regional Director’s priorities, and remediates 98 percent of all new vulnerabilities.
- Uses Nessus, SCCM, LanDesk, Altiris, SQL reports, or another deployment tool and product logs to locate workstations and servers that have inventory, deployment, patching or other issues, and then uses provided scripts, tools, and vendor products to troubleshoot and resolve the issue and verify resolution.
- Provides onsite patch and vulnerability support using SSCM and other tools. This includes MS patching, Nessus scan remediation, unauthorized software remediation, baseline image deficiencies, etc.
- Provides workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting, and patching. * Maintains and troubleshoots software and computer peripherals.
- Assists in updating security documents that adapt customer protocols to be in compliance with NIST guidelines.
- Provides operating system updates for Windows desktops/laptops.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, and Windows ACLs.
- Strong knowledge of patching and updating tools such as SCCM.
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory principals and best practices.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision.
- Good at managing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Experience with workstation, laptop, and printer hardware and software support/troubleshooting.
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team and perform effectively as key system administrator on 400+ team.
- Experience working with Desktop Patching experience (Microsoft, Adobe, Java, etc)
- Experience with databases
- Experience with Excel, including macros
- Experience with ticketing
- Understanding of Registry entries, file dependency, and file permissions
- Experience with printer patching (updating firmware, changing settings)
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
- 2 years of vulnerability remediation experience
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Candidate must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
May include written and oral communication and comprehension skills; data interpretation skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; basic mathematical reasoning; basic computer skills, and the ability to understand, remember, and carry out detailed instructions.
Depends on experience; W2 includes benefits such as health/dental/vision/life, PTO, federal holidays, charity days, and more
The physical requirements described in “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds” or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TMG is a proud recipient of the prestigious award for ESGR - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve - signed by the SECDEF.
TMG is an equal opportunity employer.