Systems Engineer - Muskogee, OK
Qualified US Veterans preferred
W2 - Full Time
US Citizens only
TMG, in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for a Systems Engineer with Computer Associates Helpdesk application experience. The System Engineer will work as part of a team to apply their experience to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. The desired applicant will be a self-starter interested in working in a busy and dynamic environment where quality, attention to detail, customer service, and a professional manner are essential values. The successful applicant will have strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, strong organizational skills and be very flexible.
* Manages teams of system admins and is able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources
* Gathers data regarding performance, cost, and compatibility attributes of commercial off-the-shelf software and development applications
* Analyzes application consumption of system resources and detects problems with software applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and work independently.
* Support disciplined test driven quality assurance of commercial off-the-shelf software and development applications
* Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes
* Participate in requirements reviews
* Constantly seek opportunities to learn and strengthen the team
Requirements for the Position:
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or
technical discipline is required.
* A minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
* 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
* Must be able to evaluate software or hardware products and be able to evaluate the risks and benefits of incorporating these products in various IT systems and networks.
* Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
* Able to handle a fast-paced work environment, meeting deadlines and delivering on
* Able to work to tight time schedules and deliver quality product on time.
* Prior experience in Dept. of VA (or) any US Government Agency is a plus
* Proven ability to work with minimal supervision on assigned functions.
* Excellent, effective communication skills, including: verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
ability to engage and successfully interact with team members, internal stakeholders and customers at all levels
* Candidates should be permanent residents of the US and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to be granted access to sensitive information.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TMG is a proud recipient of the prestigious award for ESGR - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve - signed by the SECDEF.
TMG is an equal opportunity employer.