U.S. Citizens only!
U.S. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Contract: VA T4 CRISP
W2 Full-Time position with benefits - 1099s and B2B are not permitted
Local (Washington DC Metro) candidates only
Responsible for a development project, may provide general oversight and direction to the developers on the project in an experienced developer capacity. Writes, tests, and develops computer programs. Conceives, designs, and tests logical structure to meet program requirements. Writes programs according to specifications provided. Builds, deploys and maintains programs, Web Site pages and applications. Develops and improves site navigation and applications. Responsible for the design, development, and configuration of software systems to meet market and/or client requirements. Develops code using HTML, Visual Basic or other programming languages.
• Coordinates with content developers and graphics designers to ensure that needs are technically feasible, translating detailed designs into executable software.
• Provides technical site maintenance and advice on complex issues related to animation, search engine techniques, link integrity, navigation, browsers, graphics, and other technical web developments.
• Delivers technical consultation in new systems development, new package evaluations, and enhancements of existing systems.
• Prepares functional specifications from which programs will be written and then designs, codes, debugs, and documents programs.
• Conducts systems tests, monitors test results, and takes appropriate corrective action for complex issues.
• Designs user interfaces of interactive web applications including ADA 508, and cross browser compliance.
• Maintains compliance with standards and conventions in developing programs.
• Develops required specifications for complex programs or problems.
• Develops the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion. Tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
• Creates coded unit tests and works with Testers/Information Assurance to address program and/or security findings.
• Acts as a mentor to less-experienced team members.
• Prepares required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
5-10 years of experience with programming or web development activities.
Other Job Specific Skills
• Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with clients.
• Participate in all phases of software development with a focus on design, development, and implementation using Java, Oracle, SQL Server or other programming language.
• Experience designing highly scalable databases and developing applications against a relational database such as Oracle preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must work efficiently within multiple teams.
• Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and work in a closed environment with others.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology.
• Strong problem solving, logic, and analytic skills.
• Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity. Familiar with and utilized best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.
• Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of software to satisfy design objectives.
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy of TMG that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies. All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds” or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TMG is the proud recipient of the Employer Support of the Guard & Reserves (ESGR) award signed by the SECDEF!