Systems Administrator, Senior – Long Beach VAMC, CA
Qualified US Veterans preferred
W2 - Full Time
US Citizens only
TMG, in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for a Senior System Administrators with extensive network remediation and administration experience.
Requirements for the position
- Provide network administrative support in network architecture and technical configuration management
- Assist in providing technical inputs to various system administration processes focused on access management and security
- Review current systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Support strategic planning and development of recommendations for automation, process improvements and incorporation of new technologies specific to access management
- Function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team and perform effectively as key system administrator on 400+ team.
- Create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks.
- Manage teams of system admins and prioritize work
- Identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources.
- Supports a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
- 5 years of System Administration experience in medium to large enterprise systems managing access
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory principals and best practices.
- Security management experience including firewall configurations, server configurations, and desktop client applications to include VMWare.
- Experience with and understanding of network framework OSI Model
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization. Good at verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
- Experience with business collaboration tools such as Outlook, Excel, Visio, MS Project essential.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision. Good at managing and prioritizing and multitasking for himself/herself.
- A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills.
Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to be granted access to classified information. Existing secret clearance or higher is a plus.
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
May include written and oral communication and comprehension skills; data interpretation skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; basic mathematical reasoning; basic computer skills, and the ability to understand, remember, and carry out detailed instructions.
Depends on experience; W2 includes benefits such as health/dental/vision/life, PTO, federal holidays, charity days, and more
The physical requirements described in “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds” or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TMG is a proud recipient of the prestigious award for ESGR - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve - signed by the SECDEF.
TMG is an equal opportunity employer.