Systems Engineer, Junior – Seattle, WA
Qualified US Veterans preferred
W2 - Full Time
US Citizens only
TMG, in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA) is currently looking for a Junior Systems Engineer to provide technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management across a multi-disciplined, large enterprise IT service contract remediating vulnerabilities.
Requirements for the Position
- Provides technical/engineering support in system architecture, system design, integration and technical management.
- Assist in providing technical inputs to various system engineering processes including PKI, two factor authentication, Security information and event management.
- Contribute to and assist in preparation and presentation of systems assurance reviews.
- Contribute and support teams in developing application and technical plans.
- Identifies requirements and deficiencies in hardware and software products.
- Reviews current systems and makes technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Stays up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Evaluates new hardware and software technologies.
- Function collaboratively as part of a large 400+ person team in a fast-paced, customer oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Experience with and understanding of network framework OSI Model.
- Superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Excellent organizational and time/task management skills are required.
- Experience with business collaboration tools such as Outlook, Excel, Visio, MS Project essential.
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision.
- Good at managing and prioritizing and multitasking for himself/herself. A polished, professional demeanor with good interpersonal skills.
- Good at verbal and written communication.
- Open minded and persistent at working with adjacent teams.
- Candidates must be US citizens and will be required to undergo a background investigation in order to be granted access to classified information.
- Existing secret clearance or higher is a plus.
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
May include written and oral communication and comprehension skills; data interpretation skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; basic mathematical reasoning; basic computer skills, and the ability to understand, remember, and carry out detailed instructions.
Depends on experience; W2 includes benefits such as health/dental/vision/life, PTO, federal holidays, charity days, and more
The physical requirements described in “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds” or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TMG is a proud recipient of the prestigious award for ESGR - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve - signed by the SECDEF.
TMG is an equal opportunity employer.