Security Analyst – Ann Arbor, MI
Qualified US Veterans preferred
W2 - Full Time
US Citizens only
TMG, in support of our Veterans Affairs Client (VA), is currently looking for a Security Analyst with experience in implementing IT security solutions and has knowledge of security principles, policy and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts and supporting documentation.
- Performs site assessments, generates reports and remediates findings.
- Analyzes stored data in Governance Risk Compliance Risk Vision (GRC-RV) for accuracy,
completeness and quality.
- Identifies acceptable evidence collection and testing results that support the Information Assurance (IA) control's compliancy.
- Perform Information Assurance tasks and Cybersecurity support for the Continuous Readiness Information Security Program (CRISP).
- Assist in the remediation, coordination and validation of POA&M's. Develop and analyze Risk Based Decisions (RBD's).
- Assess the Cybersecurity risk of IT systems documenting them in formal risk assessments and supporting artifacts associated with the A&A process.
- Organize, develop, and present briefings, written summaries, and written reports incorporating narrative, tabular and/or graphic elements.
- Implements IT security solutions and assures successful implementation.
- Applies knowledge of security principles, policy and regulations to daily tasking.
- Has experience with Cyber Security document management and is familiar with security and privacy rules.
- Researches policies, procedures, standards, and guidance, and applies needed changes under specific conditions for the protection of information and information systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Awareness, understanding and application of mitigation strategies, IAVAs, and IAVBs.
- Ability to research policies, procedures, standards, and guidance, and apply under specific conditions for the protection of information and information systems Cybersecurity experience
- Well-developed writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare and execute detailed computer system analysis, including creating interim and final reports and presentation of analysis data.
- Clearance Requirement - Candidates will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Light office duties which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
May include written and oral communication and comprehension skills; data interpretation skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; basic mathematical reasoning; basic computer skills, and the ability to understand, remember, and carry out detailed instructions.
Depends on experience; W2 includes benefits such as health/dental/vision/life, PTO, federal holidays, charity days, and more
The physical requirements described in “Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds” or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TMG is a proud recipient of the prestigious award for ESGR - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve - signed by the SECDEF.
TMG is an equal opportunity employer.